Fast Candy Corn Cake
FAST CANDY CORN CAKE
FAST EASY CANDY CORN CAKE
I was in a hurry. A BIG hurry. I needed to have this cake done and be out the door in less than an hour! For once I was invited to an only grown-up evening. I wanted to bring a WOW Cake but it had to be done like super easely!
So I used all box mixes (which is fine with me!) and canned frosting (yes I did!).
I am a huge proponent of supporting peoples choices in baking… if you want and have time to make frosting please go ahead. Heck, I would support and encourage you for choosing to bake. But as a single mom of 4 big kids, if i can save time and still bake something good, I'm going for it!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 3 containers white frosting (or three cups)
- 1 container chocolate frosting (or 1 cup)
- Optional: Orange extract
- Bake chocolate cake in 8in round cake pan. One cake will be used, so you can wrap the other 8in round cake and place in freezer.
- For the white and orange layers, simply prepare white cake batter as you normally would. Divide batter in half and tint one half orange. (Add orange extract if you wish)
- Bake white cake batter in 8in cake pan and bake orange cake batter in 8in cake pan.
- For frosting, take one container of white frosting and tint it orange. I used gel food coloring and about 4-6 drops.
- To assemble cake:
- Place chocolate cake on cake stand. Place thin layer of chocolate frosting.
- Place orange layer on top and cover in thin layer of orange frosting.
- Finally, place white cake on top and cover entire cake in crumb coat.
- Decorate as you wish.
It's in 2016, after 20 years in high management positions in the food industry, while rising 4 awesome kids as a single mom, that I decided to follow my dreams as an Entrepreneur. First by launching SiliBak & then by helping other fabulous entrepreneurs as a Facebook Ad Strategist. To know more you can follow me on Facebook @IsabelleNoExcuses
- Isabelle Menard