Raw Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake
This light, fresh, and delicate raw vegan cheesecake will melt in your mouth! It's also packed with vitamins and minerals, easy to do and is ready in no time. I mean like 10 minutes!
Thanks to Ana from The Awesome Green for this stunning recipe!
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 10 MINUTES
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 lemon, juice only
- ½ cup coconut milk (use homemade for the raw version or full fat for the vegan one)
- 2 tbsp organic raw honey (or raw agave nectar for the strict vegans)
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup dry pitted dates, soaked overnight
- ½ cup raw almonds
- Line a round 6" pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Make the crust first - place the dry pitted dates and almonds in the food processor and pulse to obtain a sticky mixture.
- Spread the mixture into the pan and press it to evenly arrange.
- Drain the cashews and place them in the food processor along with the lemon juice, coconut milk and raw honey.
- Process to obtain a smooth cream.
- Pour the cashew mixture in the pan on top of the crust, and spread evenly.
- Place the blueberries (optional - add a teaspoon of honey or agave nectar) in the food processor and pulse to obtain a puree.
- Top the cheesecake with the puree, cover and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- For serving, let it stay at the room temperature for 15 mins until it can be cut easily.
- Isabelle Menard